ELIGIBILITY: Photos of any designated National Recreation Trail are eligible
Check the online searchable database for a list of NRTs in your state and provide more information on individual trails. If you're not sure if a trail is an NRT, or if you have questions about the contest, email NRT@AmericanTrails.org. Entries will be displayed on the NRT website.
HOW TO ENTER the NRT photography contest
- DEADLINE: December 15 each year
- PHOTOS must be in digital JPEG or TIFF format. (Sorry, we can't accept prints or negatives, but you can use your scanner or have a photo shop scan them to make digital photos.)
- Submit up to TEN photos per trail.
- Make sure your photos are on designated National Recreation Trails
- Please include the following information with your photos:
- Name of the NRT where photo(s) taken
- State and general location of trail
- Caption or brief description of the subject
- Your name
- Photographer's name, if different
- Organization, if any
- Mailing address
- Website address
HOW TO SEND YOUR ENTRIES
1. You can email photos as attachments to NRT@AmericanTrails.org if under 10 mb per email
2. Upload via an online site such as the following resources:
These are free resources so long as you send one file at a time under 100 mb in size (HighTail has a limit up to 250mb).